Janeybell

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #38 and a Raspberry Suite Colour Inspiration

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!! We've had a BUSY, BUSY week this week. My precious Ella turned one yesterday. Who would've thought planning a 1st birthday is soooo time consuming!!! Or perhaps it's just me and my Obsessive Compulsive behaviour!!! ... hmmmm could be that... hahaha.

I'm hoping today is going to be nice and relaxing... Ella has about a hundred (ok slight exageration!! haha) new toys to muddle her way through, with I might add the added enthusiasm of her older sister Jorja (almost 3), who thinks all her Christmases have come at once with such an influx of new goodies!!! And Shane and I, well I think a day of doing NOTHING is in order!!!

Anyhoo... the reason your here is to see what WONDERFUL sketch the lovely Karen has set for us to play along with this week. I've actually got TWO projects to show you today using Karen's sketch, one a Scrap page of Ella ( I made 13 pages to put up for her party, one for each month, which I'll post during the week), and thought I'd use Karen's sketch for the layout JUST incase I didn't get the opportunity to sit down and make a card. BUT... I've managed to sneak a bit of time and get one done too, and I'm so glad I did.

So first up the Scrap Page of Ella:-



And, now my card:-


And last but not least the fabulous sketch:-


I used my Simply Scrappin' Kit - Rock-a-Bye Girl Pack to make all of the pages for Ella's scrapbook, for this page I started with a Bashful Blue base and added some Pink Pirouette DSP and one of the Sticker embelishments in Kiwi Kiss. I layered her GORGEOUS photo (she is GORGEOUS isn't she... YES I am VERY biased!!... LOL) onto some Regal Rose before added the 11month sticker, some Regal Rose Ribbon and a little heart sticker.

For my card I used Dawn's Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge Colours of Kraft, Choc Chip, Red, Turquoise (Aqua) and Vanilla.
I used some Tempting Turquoise DSP mounted onto a piece of Choc Chip and stamped my image from my Party Hearty set in Choc Chip adding a Turquoise star to the centre and a Real Red hat which I stamped twice and mounted one on top of the other. Some Choc Chip grosgrain finished it off. Quite a simple card, but I'm really happy how it turned out.

Be sure to pop on over to the other Sweet Sunday Stamper's Blogs for some more FABULOUS inspiration:-


Thanks for stopping by and ENJOY the rest of your Sunday.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Ella's Page

Stamps:- None
Paper:- Simply Scrappin' Kit - Rock-a-bye Girl


Card:-

Stamps:- Party Hearty
Paper:- Kraft, Choc Chip, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Tempting Turquoise DSP

Ink:- Choc Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red

Accessories:- Dimensionals, Choc Chip Wide Grosgrain, Tempting Turquoise Grosgrai
n.

8 Comments:

sally little said...

Gorgeous layout of a gorgeous sweetie-pie. OOOOOOH she is so cute! Happy 1st birthday Ella!! Sally x

Shell Turner said...

Oh SJ....FAB LAYOUT!! How cute is that little munchkin of yours!!

LOVING the card too - what a great idea to use the sketch for a layout (great minds think alike - I did the same thing today!)

Shell xx

p.s. I can't wait to see the rest of the layouts you did!

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome designs on your scrap page and card!! Your little one is adorabe, I love that page you made of her!!! FANTASTIC!!!!

Lynn Put said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your darling Ella! Your scrapbook page and birthday card are adorable using the sketch!

Karen Motz said...

What a little sweetie starring on your scrapbook page and your card is just darling! Cuteness all around!

Ann said...

Super cute creations!

Karen Giron said...

Look at that super sweet little girl! She is just gorgeous and the page is beautifully done! I love the little birthday hat on your card - that is really cute!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Both projects are great. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.